Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry (Late) Christmas!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas even if it is a little late. Or, in Italian, Buon Natale!

Here everyone is definitely still celebrating Christmas. Becky and I went out for a walk this evening and found that nearly everything is closed. There were quite a few families and older couples out walking, too, but no one was out to shop or run errands. After wandering around near the school since we couldn't buy bus passes (mine is completely used up and Becky left hers in the room, which is also almost finished), we finally found a bar (a café in Italy) that was open and decided to stop for a couple of caffè (coffees). There were a total of four people inside, including us. It was nice, though, because we could speak in Italian (a little bit) and not feel quite as stupid as we usually would. After that we walked back to the school in a roundabout direction. And I'm writing all of this just to have something to write! I've been busy lately, but not with anything really newsworthy. I'm sure everyone really wants to hear about how I hand washed my clothes this afternoon and all of the little things like that. So, here's another post. Finally. About almost nothing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :o)

Oh, and here are a few pictures I took on our little outing today, since I've decided to chronicle everything I do in pictures. Well, nearly everything.

Some mannequins making weird faces that made Becky and I laugh.

Becky and I copying the mannequins. I think we look prettier than they do! :o)

Che bellissimo sunset!

Oh, and what beautiful girls, too! ;o)

And now that's the end for now! Maybe one of my New Year's resolutions will be to update my blog more often, though. We'll see! Ciao everyone!