Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here I am

Home again. Back in the United States. I guess I'll have to stop calling this a travel blog now, sadly. I'll still try to write, though, maybe as much as I wrote while I was in Italy! Pretty sad record, I know, but maybe I'll even write more now that I have so much more uninteresting stuff to write. That's usually when I write the most; when I have absolutely nothing to say!

I was very excited, though, that one of my teachers from the school in Italy was here in Tennessee for a bit. She's still here, actually, but she leaves tomorrow. That made it a little easier to come back since I knew I'd have at least one connection to Italy at least for a little bit. We love you, Milena! Now, I just need to watch Italian movies and listen to Italian music and try not to lose what I've learned.

3 comments:

Becky Daniel said...

got any suggestions for italian films? i kept seeing this one advertised in the Rome train station (even though I think it was filmed in English). It's called "Scarlet" about a kick butt actress with a secret...dum dum dum! it could be very corny, but i wanna see an episode. :P hope you're having fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ckFAdY3s4

Becky Daniel said...

no response, so i'll respond to myself: Scarlet is such a great television marketing idea!! i hope we see more of this kind of marketing. (http://us.lge.com/SCARLET/?CMP=PAC-scarlet#/reception)

it's like the Web site that corresponded with the first season of Heroes. fun, intriguing and imaginative.

Ree said...

Hi Allie!
So glad you're back in the states, but wish you were closer to us! Any time you want to continue your traveling...you are welcome to travel right on over to visit us! :)
Keep in touch!
Love ya